My Day Feb 8, 2005
Anyhow, before I went to the prayer room I stopped short of going to that particular building where the prayer room is located, but wasn't really sure where God wanted me. ... I stopped, I considered where I should go, I asked God where he was wanting me to go, and I still wasn't sure.
It seemed somewhat correct to go to the Sanctuary (that's where the shelter is), but when I got there I wasn't sure about being there either. I said hello to a couple of people there, but ultimately I just stood there in the front of the Sanctuary meditating on what I should do, or if the Spirit was leading me anywhere.
After about fifteen minutes I sensed I should leave, though I wasn't very sure where I should go. So I walked out the front, began to walk outside and almost walked toward the back of the building, then I sensed that I should walk back toward the outside front of the Sanctuary. That was when a man stopped me and began asking me a few questions. And a few minutes later I realized that is where God had wanted me to be.
Over the course of the next hour, I simple stood out in front with this man (Lonny) and found out a great deal about him. He had just gotten out of prison three days before and all he had was the cloths he was wearing and a few items in a polyester bag that he was carrying with him. He was a strong healthy gentleman, so in that sense he really didn't have a need.
Though what he did need was to have someone, a stranger, care enough about him to sit and listen. And then he opened up about things that he had experienced in his life that have lead him to God, and things that he had shared with his grandmother and family growing up that they did not believe when he told them. He shared about his involvement with the occult, and the struggle to focus on what God wanted him to focus on.
In the end, I asked him if he wanting to pray(which he was eager to do), and so we stood outside in the front; both of us praying for a few minutes. He walked away in one direction, and I walked in the other direction thanking God for allowing me to hear of this man's faith, his struggles, and also allowing me to share my faith and struggles as well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home