Friday, July 24, 2009

Pursuing God?

I thought I was pursuing God because I "went to church" most Sundays, and occasionally on Wednesdays. However when I reflect back on life I consider all of the places I've been & everything I've experienced. I realize that I've spent 40 to 50 hrs/wk pursuing a career, 28 hrs/wk glued to the television &10 hrs a week sitting behind a computer.

I've spent more time trying to entertain myself than sharing the wonder of life that God has given me. I've been to Disney Land, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Egypt. I've went to all the greatest places in the world but I didn't spend five minutes a week sharing with someone the wonders God has done in my life. Not even 1% of my time sharing that Jesus Christ gave his life so I could be reunited in a relationship with God. ... If my life's time was a tithe I could not stand before God and say that I really appreciated what He's done for me.

"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." ... Philemon verse:6


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home