Sunday, February 13, 2005

It's Just Junk (in our head)

I just stumbled upon a speech online and I was amazed at a statement in it which I had said to others before, and I had never heard anyone else say. This is just a reminder to me that God has been saying the same thing through his Spirit for as long as there was a man to have that Spirit speak to. This also reminds me that what God says is living and active and through the Spirit of God we can always hear something that is relative to what is happening in today's culture, and in our individual lives withouth regard to the kind of life that we live; both the poor and the wealthy.

Here is a snippet from what I read online. "Now Paul goes on to take up the case of the religious devotee of his day, the Jew. Today we need only substitute the title "church member" to bring it up to date -- because we American church members are in the same condition as the Jew was in the culture of Paul's day. We have a great body of truth that we delight in, and we feel proud of our knowledge and our understanding of it. But unfortunately, we oftentimes hope and think that knowledge, in itself, is what is going to deliver us in the sight of God. In Verses 17-24 we will see how Paul handles such thinking."

In my excitement I began searching the PBC website for his email address. When I didn't find it I just assumed he was so popular that his address wasn't published, it just simply never occurred to me that he had already passed on several years ago. ... I found that out after a few minutes of searching online.

Ray Stedman was pastor of Peninsula Bible Church in Palo Alto, California for 40 years until his retirement in 1990. I have found over seven hundred and fifty .mp3 files that I can download and listen to here (not that I plan on downloading all of them :-). And here are yet two more resources that I found for study (1) and (2).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home