Pics Nov 7th thru 10th
116 (110705)
This is a picture of me at the Internet Station that I found at the bottom of Farmers Plaza near the food court. This is a must visit if you need to use a computer in Manla. Of the eight or nine Internet Cafes that I had seen in Farmers Plaza (and the three that I had visited), for one P25/hr this is the only one that allowed you to install software no questions asked. So I loaded it up with Skype, FireFox, and Irfanview, and I felt at home.

120 (110905)

126 (111005)
Here is a picture that I took when I was in Erap City. All of the homes here are raw oneroom 15'x15' cement block buidings with tin roofs. You never need heat in the Philipines butyou really could use air conditioning. None of the homes have the latter, most of them don'thave running water, and some of them don't even have electricity. Though this picture seemsto be a little sad there really isn't anything to be sad about. Life here is hard but thereis a lot of happiness here, more than I ever find in the U.S. on a regular basis. Here,though there are hard moments that the smiles are gone, you can find smiles every day of theweek.

128 (111005)
This is the inside of one of the homes. This will give you a better idea of the rawness that they are living with. Once again I don't share this to bring sympathy. If anything I wish that the most of the people in the U.S. could understand the laughter and love that is found here. There is a happiness here that, though is missing from time to time, is much more prevalent.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home