Selected entries from my private journal.
A place on the web where I can share my life with friends, family and those that have yet to be either.
You can find a richer selection of articles at http://gottmilk.wordpress.com/
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Poverty
These are some of the most amazing pictures that I have seen. I don't know if this is exactly what I am going to run into when I am in the Philippines, but I imagine that this is going to be very close. Just in the case the link changes one day, I've put one of the pictures below.
I believe that seeking our connection/relationship with God is the most important thing that we can do every day. And I think that it is impossible to do that without helping others along the way (as I am lead to). Which doesn't necessarily mean that I always help people the way that 'they' want to be helped. What God has taught me is that often what 'we' call suffering is often God allowing us to go through what our own decisions have led us to. And if we don't go through that pain (which doesn't kill us by the way) then we are bound to repeat the same mistake and not learn anything. ...
There are many needs in this world. I am drawn to serve different needs in different ways as time goes by. For several years I was drawn to serve the needs of others through meeting their technology needs, and now I am feeling the need to serve more basic needs. Some of those basic needs might be food, shelter, or just a listening ear. It all depends on how I am lead. ...
And BTW. If you would like to get in touch with me post a comment on one of my blog entries here and I will get it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home