Sunday, May 28, 2006

Green Stuff

Ok, I know that I usually write about things that are God based. But this really isn't any different. I hope to help people to understand that Jesus ain't about religion. What he led people to do was to understand they should be led by God's will and not their own will. It's not about what God will 'let' you do or what you think God is 'ok' with. It's all about what God is 'leading' you to do.

With that in mind, one of the things that I have been led to do in my life is to support green things from time to time. I used to be the Director of a nonprofit organization that refurbished older computers, 90% of the computer equipment that I have is reused, and I'm a big advocate of reuse, refurbish, recycle. The last couple of days I have spent a great deal of time looking into fuel alternatives such as ethanol and bio diesel.



I am amazed! That this is even on the Internet! This Filipino invented a working Hydrogen car :-) I got so excited about the topic I sent an email off without fully looking into it. Larry of course would probably know this most about the truth of this or not. But my initial digging found this that video above.

Deeper into this subject however I learned that to be able to produce hydrogen and oxygen out of water would need a process called electrolysis; that is breaking a water molecule into it's components of two atoms of hydrogen and an atom of oxygen. This is where the biggest question would arise because it seems that it would take quite a lot of electrical energy to break water for enough hydrogen to run a car engine. But then there are also these claims about vibrating things at various frequencies so that a drastically less amount of electricity is required.

There is a guy with an engineering degree that disagrees with the above though. Just click here and do a search in the below text for "THERE IS NO WAY TO PRODUCE ENOUGH ELECTRICITY OUT OF THE CAR'S DYNAMO TO BE ABLE TO BREAK FREE ENOUGH HYDROGEN TO FEED FUEL FOR THAT ENGINE". He talks a lot more about that stuff, and you can't miss it because it's in all capital letters :-)

In others news, Larry (the friend of mine I mentioned above) sent me an email with a lot of good information in it. Be careful if you have no digestion for technical babble. If you don't you can skip this green section. Here is a snippet of what he wrote me.

Unlocking the huge amount of hydrogen contained in the vast amount of the planets water has been an effort for a very long time. You pointed to a system that supplemented a portion of H and O from water as the car drove. That one looked like is was doing something. Claims of cars running exclusively from the split H and O as produced from water on board in real time have been around for a long time, but the cars and detailed system designs never surface, only the claims.

A fellow named Brown has been selling books and making claims for a very long time. Some of his books contain old proven information that is valid and not develeloped by him, and some of the demonstrations the man has done were pure scams. We have viable motor fuel alternatives in the way of ethanol. Henry Ford originally intended the Model T to use ethanol as a fuel, but gasoline was a cheap waste product of the petroleum industry at that time, so he opted for that. At this time, any alternative fuel options are being blocked and stonewalled by the current fossil fuels industry. Their influences are very powerful and they reach far into our governmental institutions. That is why no alternative exists in the USA.

Brazil has 180 proof ethanol, (90% ethanol, 10% water), at every "gas" station for roughly half the cost of petroleum gasoline. 40% of the autos in Brazil do not burn gasoline. The Chevrolet Corsa comes off the lines to burn this fuel with NO petroleum in sight, and these cars adjust themselves for petroleum fuels also. The fuel is domestically produced within the country of Brazil from agricultural products, mainly cane sugar, not corn and grains.

Two huge ethanol plants were planned, funded, and ready to be built in Indiana last year. They never broke ground. The petroleum industry simply told them that present distribution and consumer delivery systems would intentionally be made unavailable to them. An additional complete motor fuel delivery system will be need to built to get this fuel to the consumer markets.

Most of people of the world are being scammed by the powerful petroleum industry, yes. Recent claims by the USA fed to fund hydrogen technology development were undertaken because of the low threat to the petroleum industry. The real and viable alternatives will not be implimented.

After I read his email I didn't see anything about the ethanol stuff on the Chevrolet Corsa Wiki page. I really like that wiki stuff and I hoped he would add some information there so the world could be exposed to more of this. Just in case he didn't however, there is a "Talk" section for each encyclopedia (wikipedia) entry where potential contributors can also make notes. Since I'm not the expert on the subject that Larry is, I simply added the information he sent me to the notes pages (Talk section) in hopes that someone as knowlegeable on the subject might incorporate the information into the article. But in case no one has done that yet this site had some good info on the alternative fuel aspects of the Chevrolet Corsa.

Fry Grease is another good fuel alternative. I've seen a real example of a car running on that stuff (or it might be Bio Diesel) near by where I live and I still haven't talked enough about it to get at least a friend to convert over to it. Though I have made it a point to bring it up any 'many' conversations. Hmm. Looks like $795 US with a direct onboard kit is the best option I've found so far. I like the profiles of the people that it shows using bio diesel. And here I found a Creative Loafing article about a guy that wants to doing it Mass style in Atlanta. Great article!

And here is a cool a map of all of the biodiesel refueling stations in Atlanta. I remember there being a pure "french fry oil" refueling station somewhere near Grant Park, but I can't find it. I thought I had book marked it. I must have thought about it and got distracted. However http://vegenergy.com/ had the low down on the best stop and go solutions that I've seen.

Ok, well enough of the Bio Deisel stuff for today. I get the sense that God might be directing me into something else. Chow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home