Friday, July 07, 2006

A Season to Plan

I smiled when I read a devotional that my friend Malu sent me today because I thought to myself how I have
ineffectively commuicated to her in regard to my thoughts about planning. She concerns herself so much with my tendency to not plan at this point
in my life which is a complete turn-a-round to how I used to be.
However she wasn't around a few years ago when I was a planning fool. However even that "turn-around" has only to do with a season of my life.


I think that in each of
our lives that God is working with us according to what 'we' need to be
addressing. And I can see how I am being led to do more planning in recent weeks, we'll see how that turns out. I think God will lead me
to pick back up the outlines and the five year goals soon enough.



My faith says that for some of us it is the season to plan according to
God's will, and for others it is the season to submit to God's plan for
their lives. ,,, I happen to have gone through the latter for the last
two years because of my "relying on myself" weakness that the Lord has
had to deal with me on. Though the Lord has not yet finished in this
area with me I believe that a great deal of progress has been made.


It is neither planning nor a lack of planning that
is to be followed. But instead the Will of God which happens in the
moment. Whether that moment is a moment of submission to the whims of
the living Spirit of God to 'act' or the whims of the Spirit to "plan".
... Let it be :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home