Saturday, June 17, 2006

Don't Hate Ted

I read this article about a man named Ted Junker of Millard. He has created a memorial to Hitler and I am concerned that the same hate that Hitler is blamed for, will not in
fact be the same hate that others use against someone who doesn't
believe Hitler was the vile human being that is commonly accepted that
he was.



The 'lie' is that somehow and eventually hate will solve the problem
that hate started. What often happens is someone harms those they think
are the problem, and then they do the same thing to the next one that
comes along, and eventually the destroying of others corrupts the
person or the group so they become desensitized to it.



The only thing that I could ever see trumping that is when a truly
loving and gentle person believes that God has led them to stop a
certain opposition. As I write that I don't want that to say I am a
Bush supporter. Because it sounds like his campaign motto.



I will however say that I would rather someone act in the name of the
creator of everything, than act without any recognition of a creator at
all. Because I don't think that anything goes unnoticed by God. And
even the killings and other atrocities of the Catholic church did not
go uncorrected eventually. No, I'm not advocating them either :-p



And for those of us that live with God as our hope, when all is said
and done we will be fine. If however a person's only hope is in
whatever level of prosperity that they will find in this lifetime, then
that person will usually have their hope weakened and disappointed; if
not dashed to pieces. Because a lifetime with everything always "going
your way" simply isn't going to happen. Not even for the very wealthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home