Sin is Fun !
I mean, how can anyone deny it? When I was "out there" doing whatever I wanted, I did enjoy it. How could I not; I was out there doing whatever I wanted with little or no restraint. Sex, women, alcohol, drugs, stealing, lying, pursuing a career that gave me a certain level of respect or power, "getting over" on someone who I considered less intellectually capable than I was; etc. I wouldn't have done any of these things if I had not thought they were not fun. "By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time." ... Heb 11:24-25
But I can attest to how short lived this fun is. When I had finished have a night out with a woman, I had to go to work the next day. When I had a few drinks or smoke a little weed with friends at the bar or a one of their houses, the effect of the alcohol or marijuana eventually wore off. When I was young enough to be surrounded by friends who were impressed with my stealing, eventually the thrill and the bragging rights were over. And after I had climbed a few rung up the ladder of power, I eventually realized that even 'my' loose definition of morals and ethics were starting to become strained, and that wasn't any fun.
Yes, the wages of sin is death; something much greater than death in this world. And the fun of doing things that are contrary to what God wants us to do (sin) is certainly temporary; not normally more than just a few hours; or a few days (if you don't count the hours of gaps between "the fun". I'd be lying to you if I didn't say that my heart sometimes longs for the things that I once did several years ago. But then I don't give much attention to my heart "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" ... Jeremiah 17:11
What I do give regard to is something that doesn't sound too sane for those that don't believe in God and the Spirit of God that Jesus Christ said that he would send. I give regard to a "separate voice" (which is more like a separate thought really). But none-the-less I have truly come to understand that it is actually something completely different than I am because I have dared to follow it's "voice". And although there aren't hundreds of times that I can tell you amazing stories, there are enough amazing stories for me to go 'wow' "I can't ignore that there is something more hear than I can just simply see, hear, touch, and taste.
It's because of this faith that God has given me that I can not deny Christ. I can not ever deny what I have personally experienced. I don't need a bible to tell me that it is true, and I don't need a pastor to tell me what I know for myself.
Labels: Culture and Contrast, Faith, God Speaks, My Story, Sex, Spiritual Milk


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home