Just got information about our laundry woman's husband. She showed up here in tears just a couple of hours ago when I was not here.
One of the problems after the flood is so many people with previous problems (like diabetes) have had wounds that were infected by the dirty standing water as they attempted to save items from their homes and/or clean their homes. Her husband's wound on his leg has become 'so' infected that it is already purple now all the way up to the knee.
They may need to amputate later, but for now he needs a shot that will ease the infection and the pain. Our laundry woman is only asking that she can borrow the money. That she will work it off later. But for now her husband is in urgent need.God has given us enough to help with this but it is still hard. I think about the money that I have set aside for the purpose of helping others according to God's will; but then I also think about money that we were saving for other medical and education "needs" of the family and how that is going down faster than it is going up.
Like most people I have this part of me that wants to believe that it is money that I need in order to provide for what my family needs. The part of me that is unfaithful to God's promises wants to trust that the money we have set aside is what I will find my security in. However, just as my phrases ablove alludes to, I know that instead I need to trust in God.
Though there is an unfaithful part of me that wants to say trusting in what God has given me is the same thing as trusting in God; I know better. I know that "trust" is intricately bound to the very essence of "love". So, if I trust in what God has provided me (and my mind is on the wealth that He provided me) then what I am actually trusting in is the wealth itself; as if God was only able to work through money. Though there is nothing wrong with money, the 'love' of the stuff is the root of all things that separate us from God.
God has given us the opportunity to give. And moreso I need to remember that He loved me so much through His son to give us life eternal. That was a very hight cost that was paid. And it's not this world that we are taught by Him to invest in. It is the kingdom that will be prepared for all those that believe.
Labels: Culture and Contrast, Evil of Man, Faith, God Speaks, Money, My Family, My Story, Spiritual Milk
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home