Just a Joke
I had those things in mind when I first started to learn what the scriptures said about humor and joking. And I also think about how important it is for us to be careful what we say. It 'is' still possible to have plenty of joking and plenting of fun (I love to be maquelette) even if you pay careful attention to everything you say and do.
In considering this I remember something I said a few weeks ago. As Joe Dean and several us us were driving by several pigs I joked and said "Hey Mike, there goes you uncle". I was going to laugh but then Eph 4:29 went through my mind. I've learned to take everything seriously; even in my laughter :-)
Eph 5:4 is something else I look at on this topic. And one last thought on this subject. If we were made in the likeness of God, and God spoke and created the heavens and the earth. Then how seriously should we take the words that come out of our mouths? Once more however, don't let this sway you from laughing and enjoying everything that God has made. There is still 'much' fun to be had!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home