Writing a Book
I've had the thought over and over again that I'd still like to write a book one day. But I don't think that I'll do it for profit. There's nothing wrong with the idea of making a profit, it just doesn't seem to be where I am being led. I keep thinking about the idea of writing a book. And I've been brought up in a culture where that idea is synonymous with making a profit. However the more that I think about it, the more I think that I would just like to have something to hand somebody that described what I had gone through in my life. Experiences that might help others to understand that the most important thing that they could put their heart, mind, and strength to in this world is God. Though, that turns many people off.
It's sad that, in the U.S. culture that this idea often brings up division. In general people can't get passed the imagery that is brought to their mind. Imagery brought about by hoaxes and fools who see Jesus as something to earn a living off of. And though the former have this horrible imagery of his followers, most of them can't say that Jesus was a bad person, but they only say that because they have no idea who he was.
Although there is only one historical documentary for ever dozen that say he was only a "good teacher", that is the version of who he was that people want to believe in. It's the "safe" one. If they believe in the "good teacher" then they can choose not to go with what he said as fact. It's the convenient Jesus, the one that they only begin to believe in when all the rough spots start to occur in their lives.
If he is just a historical figure, then they can dismiss the "claims" to what he taught and said as something that no one can be sure of. It's very sad that, though there is more historical proof of Jesus' life and teaching than Napolean Bonepart, that people seem more certain that Napolean did and said what he did. Their excuse? Well, they say that Napolean's life is in more recent history. But still, how can you compare a few dozen documents about Napolean, or any other historical figure, to the thousands of manuscripts whose error is so minor you can not compare it to any other historical writing older than a thousand hundred years.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home