Sunday, June 12, 2005

Historical Evidence of Christ

If only the ancient Greek and Hebrew texts (whether translated in English or Spanish or whatever other language) that most people call the bible hadn't been bastardized so much by others, perhaps we might find greater value in them. Few people are by themselves in not considering them as valuable as they are. We live in a society where a quote from Socrates, Homer, Plato, Aristotle, or heck even George Washington or Mark Twain is often held in higher regard than anything a dead Nazarene guy that came back to life might have to say.

The amusing part of the matter is that there is less proof that Socrates, Homer, Plato, or Aristotle ever did the things that they did, or said the things that they said than there is proof of a Nazarene name Jesus that came and did things that he did and said. Consider this graph

So if you ever think that you are foolish for believing the historical accuracy of following a man that was born from a virgin, predicted his resurrection, and then came back from the dead, then think again. Those that look to the proof of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection are probably looking at some of the most accurate historical data that exists.

1 Comments:

Blogger SpeakLIFE Poetic Expressions said...

Greetings Tim~

I just needed to say that you made my evening. Looking into your blog just put a smile on my face. You are an inspiration. Keep looking up and pressing forward in Him.

Though I've been writing, I have not posted in a minute. I just took a "breather" from the books. Ooops, time's up, I have get back, to the the books.

Take Jesus with you (take care).

PeaceLIFELove
Evita

6/26/2005 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home