Thursday, June 01, 2006

Short Version of My Day 053106

I just got connected to the Internet about five minutes ago. Wanted to send a text to Malu but havn't been able to connect to chikka yet. She doesn't have an Internet connection today so email isn't an option to get in touch with her today. I don't know what's wrong with chikka. I've had problems with it ever since I've come back from the Philippines.

Up until a little after 9pm I had been at an Internet cafe all day long. Most of the day I researched firefox extensions that would make firefox be the "everything application". ... I don't have much steam at the moment to write about technology stuff. I've already done so much of that today already.

Had a couple of interesting conversations today. I stopped by a yard sale spoke with an older woman and her daughter. Except for three years that she had moved a few streets down, the woman had lived on the same street here in Georgia her entire life. That's not something I run into very often. It made me smile just to hear her say that and to breeze over a few topics about her life.

Also had a conversation with one of the workers at E2 coffeehouse. I told him about my trip to the Philippines. He asked me how that was. So I shared a few stories about the street kids, the poverty, and the importance to not allowing ourselves to become callused to even the slightest bit of need that we see around ourselves here in the U.S. And sadly I also ran into another woman at E2's whose sister had given birth to a still born baby just a couple of days ago. We had a good conversation as well, considering the topic.

There is always so much going on in the lives of so many people. And I believe just like many do that there is 'one' who knows what each and every one of us is going through at any given moment. And that one knows each thought and choice that are there for us to make. It's good to know that everything that happens to us in our lives is meant to strengthen and teach those of us that believe in something more than just the pale curtain of reality that surrounds us. Yep, I really do believe that we are living in a Matrix of sorts.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home