Friday, May 06, 2005

After the Crash

Good morning everyone. Just thought I would try to create a post after having been locked out for a few weeks. Well, not 'locked' out, but rather "crashed" out. ,,, You see, for the last few weeks I have not been able to create a post without blogger crashing on me. Not sure what the cause of it was, but everything seems to be fine now. And you know what, God was in control of that too. .. Perhaps I needed some time to focus on other matters.

Ok, Paul Harvey is what I am doing today. I just finished listening to the news which I have started to do recently. Not that I would call Paul Harvey 'news' but I do get some of the news and I've always found him very entertaining. I also like to listen to his "rest of the story" when I get a chance.

Something else that I have been doing a lot of recently is listening to the Audio Archives at NorthPoint Community Church. I have particularly like the Joe Jacobson series
,
Dare You To Move, and Wishful Thinking. I even sent the "Early Years" message from the Joe Jacobson series to a few of my friends in an email. Here were my personal notes on that message.

  • Joseph was put in a dungeon (but hey wait a minute wasn't God with him?).
  • Every time Joseph did a good thing, bad things happened (or so it seemed).
  • ok, Joesph was sold into slavery; (but wait a minute, once again I thought the Lord was with him?).
  • Now Joseph is thrown into prison; but dag'nab'it I thought the Lord was with him :-)
Now how is it that bad things kept on happening to Joesph, but the Lord was with him. ,,, I thought that when God was 'with' us that God was supposed be "blessing" us! Aren't we supposed to be in the middle of 'good' things if 'God' is with us. Aren't we supposed to be well fed, well dressed and all of our prayers being answered if God is 'with' us?

Think about all of the "criminals" that are in jail right now. I bet you all of them are guilty for what they have done ,,, hmmm, or are they? ,,, is the Lord with ... any of them? Joseph was in jail too, accused of raping the Pharoes wife.

Is this how God operates?

In the midst of all of this Joseph had no "theology" he had no "bible" (not even the Torah). All of this happened way before anything else was written? So why do we (some of us) run to the corners of the world believing that if we don't get a bible to someone that they are going to be unable to know what God's will is? Isn't God's word something that can operate outside of the confines of the covers of the pages of those books? Why do many of our faiths say that a man can 'not' be saved unless he has read a few pages in a history book (the bible).

The chief cup bearer forgot Joseph; but the Lord was 'with' Joseph ...huh? ,,, I thought good things were supposed to happen to christians 'every' day (or at least every 'month') if the Lord was with them. hmmm. Joseph was in jail for several 'years'.

Am I going to interpret whether God is with me or not with me based on my circumstances? Or am I going to trust that God is with me based on what God has said about his own faithfulness, regardless of what my circumstances might 'look' like.

Love you all, ,,, Timothy

1 Comments:

Blogger SpeakLIFE Poetic Expressions said...

Once again Tim, the reading is good. This line of thought takes me to what I have shared on a few occasions and was just sharing with my sister today and that is, though I have questioned and wondered "why!!!" in the past when experiencing trials, and often times with great bother, I have come to realize that my experiences have helped me grow in areas that I needed most. Also, and I believe more importantly, my experiences are not soley for me but more so testaments for others to hear and receive a word of L.I.F.E. encouragement. With this it has brought me to a point of resolve in reflective insights.

Never-the-less, I do not ask for or openly welcome hard points in life I receive them more graciously.

Your words too are encouraging. Continue scribing.

Peace, Evita

5/16/2005 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home