Friday, May 13, 2005

The Salvation that I was Given

Malu txt'd me this morning to say goodbye so I txt'd her back at about 7am. I just got up at a quarter past seven after spending about ten or twelve minutes praying. I fell asleep on the couch last night about a quarter 'til one while waiting for the slow work of a data moving/recovery process. I was only able to extract one directory at a time because parts of the hard drive are damaged. It's doing things like this that I wonder sometimes what 'is' the purpose.

And now I'm listening to Welcome to the Story of God, Soundtrack, Part 1.

I've been struggling a good bit in regard to my faith. There are a few people that are closer to me that would be surprised by that. Some that would even believe that I was being too hard on myself and would give me a few words of grace. I spend a great deal of time praying and thinking about what the Lord has created. I really do attempt to capture every thought that comes in to my mind, and make it obedient to Christ.

But what that is always at war with is "the grace" of Christ. I know that there is 'no' condemnation for those that I given their lives over to the Jesus. So there is 'nothing' I repeat 'nothing' that I could do that would jeopardize God claiming me at the end of this time that I have spent on this planet. But then again there is the flip side of that coin; if someone is truly saved, they are saved because they had 'faith' in Jesus Christ and that faith drove them to repentence. And then therefore you have the impossibility that 'only' a man who has been affected by the life of Jesus Christ and the Love of Jesus Christ, could ever be saved.

Then therefore, if such a man 'were' affected by the Love of Jesus Christ 'could' such a man possibly continue to do wrong 'knowing' that his life was given to him and he was loved, that he was saved from death. I believe that there could never truly be such a man that was 'both' saved, and treated that salvation with such disdain as to live a life that was no different than if he had never come to understand that love. So 'there' exists the dilemma. I don't question my salvation, but instead I question my Love for Jesus Christ and I very often examine myself to the point where I do not have my mind on the salvation that I am given because I question my love for the one that gave me that salvation.

I'm laughing at myself right now in the thought that someone might be reading this and thinking that I am bummed. I know if I read this and didn't know me I sure would. But that would simply not be true. I would trade my entire life before knowng the Lord, for just for one day of knowing. Because I know that that one day would make all the difference in what will happen in the eternity after this world. "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Ps 19. Now that is a happy thought, a very happy thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home