The Glories of an IT Career
Wanting to be more physical is one of a hundred reasons why I had set my eyes on becoming a millionaire by the time I was thirty five. And I was on the way with the successes that I yielded in the stock market; but I gave up all my investments when I was about thirty to follow God's will. I still believe it was God's will for me to give up all of those investments. And I know that this life is short so I don't regret what I've given up. But I still feel the consequences of a body that has to (at a minimum) sit in a chair for eight hours a day, six days a week.
As I'm writing out this right now I'm having a thought that I don't think I've had before about this. The condition of my body and my seemingly being "stuck" in this chair is the consequence of the "sins of my youth". I wanted the approval of others then, I had the worldly wisdom of what it took to become wealthy so I pursued it. Now here is my reward.
It's not depressing, though it might sound that way initially. God gave me faith in Jesus. I am very grateful for that. Whether he choses to give me comfort or suffering in this world, for either I will be grateful for what is is doing in me now, and for what's in the end. Though I don't have the strength I could have had; I do have a wife and a family that are better than I would have chosen for myself when I was pursuing my own dreams. And once again, in the end, there will be no better finish line than the one that God chose for me in Christ.

Labels: Culture and Contrast, Day2Day Life, Evil of Man, Faith, Money, My Family, My Story, Self-Esteem, Spiritual Milk


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home