Monday, May 16, 2005
This entry is going to be little more than a link to another entry that I was just reading in another sister's blog. It was a great and candid view of what is going on "inside" the church. I say "inside" the church using loose quotations because I think many of the tragedies that happen "in" the church is because of the deception that we have succumbed to when we distinguish the church inside the walls vs. the church outside the walls. Make no mistake about it, Christ's true church is no different in the way they worship God 'inside' or 'outside' of that building that many of us have grown accustomed to calling "church". Read both the entry and my comments by clicking here.


2 Comments:
Thanks Tim~
Perhaps we will have further dialogue on this. Sorry you got caught up on the "in the church" point. The perceived percentage assessment is extraneous info, not an assessment. It was not the focal point. I made the point so as to not sound as if I was negating "the church" (as many commonly refer to) as a whole. I am well aware that the true church is not an edifice or parttaking in church is not within "the walls". This was written last year - 5/31/04 and was birthed from some ongoing events that I observed during a certain period. I viewed the "dealings" as Chip Ingram put it "tolerating the intolerable" - blatant ungodly things being allowed in God's house and against God's people.
I think, perhaps I should have given a prelude to set the stage. Oh well.
Peace. Evita
I was a little disapointed just now when I found out that Evita had removed my comment from her blog. I think one of the most beautiful points about blogs and the comments on them is the opportunity for free speech. And for the readers to see natural conversation happen even if two parties don't completely agree with each other. That is part of what makes the comment interesting. Unless of course the comment someone made had so much anger and possibly even profanity in it that it would take away from anything useful. Then I might consider removing a comment to be of value.
Well, if she felt the need to remove my comment I imagine at this point it probably happened so long ago that I won't address the issue with her unless there is a new reason to bring it up. But if 'you' gentle reader, are interested in what my comment was. Please email me, and I can then let Evita know that you are interested :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home