Sex and Christ
True; God gave us the sexuality that we have and it should not be something that we are ashamed of. However it needs to be appropriately framed. Anything and everything, whether thought, word or action in this world is all about God; or rather it is supposed to be all about God. The moment that we concern ourselves with what we want is the moment that we have made it about ourselves and not about the one that created us.
Some would argue that Jesus would want us to be concerned about ourselves, and that Jesus/God gave us these desires so that we could enjoy them because he cares about us. People that believe this way have had the truths of God twisted in their minds and our unfamiliar with the example that Jesus left behind. Even the most casual observer of the New Testement scriptures will see that Jesus left a non-self seeking example behind for us to follow. And for the "I'm not Jesus" crowd I will also add that every single one of his followers, even the "laymen" followed that way of life also. It is only contemporary westernized christianity that seeks to water down the rich life that we are able to have in Christ.
Contrary to worldly wisdom it is not the satisfaction of oneself that brings about fulfilment and happiness but rather the desire to satisfy and serve the God of everything that has ever been and will ever be. It is impossible to simultaneously seek your own happiness and to seek to bring pride and happines to the Father that created us. Although the oxymoron of the matter is that when you are fully in the space of giving yourself to the creator of all, then you yourself are fulfilled more fully then you ever had been before.
If you say that you've tried that and it hasn't worked, then I invite you to post a reponse to this blog and I will be notified of the post immediately. I know beyond the shadow of any doubt that if you have not been fulfilled by submitting yourself fully to God then there is another matter to deal with and I will do anything I can to help.
Don't make the mistake of believing that I walk perfectly in this fullfilment every moment of every day just because I understand the good that I should do. Jesus Christ is the only one to have ever done that. One of the few differences between someone who follows Christ and one who does not, is that a follower of Christ becomes more and more aware of the truth as he follows Christ from the little that he/she knows. There are several other differences that I will write about another time.
When a believer is not fulfilled, he seeks God for all of his answers. And God will provide the answer to him; many times in ways the believer would not expect. And to get back to the topic which I touched on in the beginning of this article; even sex in the "world" is done wrong when not done for the purpose of pleasing God; which sounds very odd to someon who has not submitted themselves fully to God. Sex in the world at it's very best brings about a great pleasure for a few hours (just a nonosecond in eternity). However afterwards, and sometimes during, leads to mistrust, arguements, guilt and/or a life ignoring thoughts or situations that would bring about those results.
It is very difficult to summarized the consequences of sex outside of God's will in just a couple of sentences; I could write volumes about that. Sex inside of God's will is nothing to be ashamed of, and neither are the bodies that have been created through our Lord Jesus Christ. If you seek to glorify God in everything you do, including sex, then it is as beautiful as the sunset, the galaxy or anything else you can think of that the Lord has created. The scriputures make it very clear that the ways of Christ are foolishness to those who are perishing. However for those of us who are being saved, Christ's ways are the power of God.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home