Thursday, November 18, 2010

An Old Friend

Just finished a few email exchanges with an old friend of mine. I try to follow the Spirit when it comes to everything, and relationships with old friends and family are no different. Depending on what men know about Christ already it seems that God leads me to say things a certain way to some, and another way to others. But always the same answers to the more pointed questions if a friend is ready and willing to ask me.  There are a lot of good lessons in my email exchange with him; namely that it seems this old friend had contacted me in hopes to rekindle a friendship with a "me" that he remembers from years ago or a "me" that he thinks might be like the "christians" he is starting to interact with recently. However he doesn't understand who I am. Or if he does understand who I am, he doesn't accept it and hoped that it was just a phase that I was going through when our friendship started to find shaky ground nearly half a decade ago.

I have no ill feeling towards this man, but I am also not going to stop spreading the message that Jesus Christ is the only way, the only truth, and the only light. Like I touched on already, it sounds like he is starting to communicate with people in the U.S. who are calling themselves "christians" but who are not spreading the good news that Christ was the 'only' way that men separated from God, could be reunited with God. And as such my old friend is being confused by the enemy. But of course a large part of his confusion comes from his belief that he is somehow a better person by keeping his mind open that men/women can live forever through some other means other that Jesus Christ.

My thoughts on this are simple. If he or anyone else can find over a thousand years of prophecy speaking about a man that is going to come back from the dead, and then point me to a few dozen people that have seen that man slaughtered, beaten beyond recognition, and die; and then come back from the dead, then I might give heed to what that man might have to say about things. But of course I'll look into that claim just as thoroughly as I have looked into the claims of Christianity.

Until then, Jesus the Christ is the only one that I've ever heard of that claim stake in these sorts of things.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home