Monday, October 18, 2010

Ondoy One Year Ago

Sort of a note to myself, sort of a reflection. Over one year ago was the day Hurricane Ondoy also named Typhoon Ketsana came through the Philippines. Marikina (where I live) was one of the worst areas hit though I personally was in a slightly higher area and only saw about three and a half to four feet of water in my house.

This is a picture that I took on one of the days we had gone to the market. And below are the things that I had bought at the time for each of the two feedings that a few friends and I had done in Balubad and Tumana. It was hard getting good prices like this at the time but I thought it might be useful to list here for a couple of reasons; general interest, and a price list that I can reference from time to time when friends and I are looking to feed some people.

Pancit Canton (good for 80 persons I think)

Binhon (20/kilo) ....................................... subTotal P1080
Squid Balls 2kilos (P25/bag) ...................... subTotal P80
Baboy (P145/kilo) ..................................... subTotal P416
Red Onion .51kilos (P70/kilo) ..................... subTotal P36
Garlic .37kilos (P70/kilo) ............................ subTotal P26
Sayote (P70/kilo) ..................................... subTotal P
Carot 1kilo (P80/kilo) ................................ subTotal P80
Cabage 2.7kio (P220/kilo) .......................... subTotal P595

200 Plastics (for storage) ........................... subTotalP16
Nor cubes ................................................ subTotal P26
Joy, oil, & Pepper ...................................... subTotal P36

I think I got almost everything but so much was going on at the time that I could have lost some of the details. Hope this helps other people as well who might want to do a few feedings.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home