Saturday, June 11, 2005

Seeking God First (with Passion)

Just a short post today. I was sending an email to a friend of mine regarding helping the poor and it brought to mind that we should not only feed the poor, but how very important it is that we teach them by our example to love God and to seek God above all else.

It takes time for people to realize they need to change. I believe that if someone looks for God first (not half-lit but really on the a hot-foot and with real desire), then all of their 'needs' will be taken care of (often their needs are taken care of anyhow). And I don't necessarily mean in some weird supernatural way (though that could also happen). I think that it is impossible to look to God for the answers and then to sit around and do nothing. What I have found is that putting God above everything else can actually 'change' a person from what the lazy bum or the self-seeking scoundrel that they were, to someone that is motivated to help others because they understand how very much they are cared about by a God that is always looking out for their best interests. "Guilt" is 'not' the motivator that the scripture speak about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home