Tuesday, September 13, 2005

An Angel With a Cigarette In His Mouth

There are often at least one or two things that happen every day where I see God. But it is getting so I don't think they are as special as they used to be so I don't write about them.

Hmm. Well there was the old man that brought a tear to my eye yesterday, and then there was the impromptu worship service that I had when I ran into two believers at E2 Coffee House and Internet Cafe. In the former circumstance I thought I was just going to find out what this guy was up to, with the expectation that I was probably going to spend some time with him and help him simply by being a friendly ear. But instead what happened was that he shared his faith with me and helped me by being a kind loving soul.

He was an old man in his early to late sixties sitting on the street with a sign that said "Homeless, God Bless", and he seemed to know everyone. He had a great spirit and joy, and he had a kind word for everyone that he met. He didn't even stick around long to get any amount of money that was worthy of note. Men and women, both black and white, mid-twenties to mid-forties would stop by to hear to what this kind man had to say about life and to listen to the honest care and concern that he had for them.

Even to me, someone who apparently was not going to give him a penny, he had plenty to say to me. He had plenty to say to me regarding life in general, the importance of loving others, the important of faith and knowing that you were going to be provided with what you needed, and so many other things. This guy was truly an angel of God; an angel with a cigarette in his mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home