Sunday, September 04, 2005

Common Sense

I have some really 'nice' things in storage; at least that is what many people have told me from their perspective. I estimated the market value for those things to be about twelve hundred to two thousand dollars depending on how much time and effort I took to sell them. If these items were sold new they would easily bring in five to six thousand dollars. I estimate the value of the items only to give another reader perspective.

I think God has been leading me to give away all of the things in storage the entire time that I've had them in storage over the last eight months. But there was a complicated part (which 'I' made complicated). The complicated part was that I believed that God was going to use these things to help take care of my financial needs (though that idea was contrarty to what that gentle nudge inside of me was leading me to).

I think that 'I' believed that all along because I wanted to be able to put my trust in something that was much easier to put my trust in; something I could see. Instead of putting my trust in something that was unseen; God. Sometimes the idea of putting my trust in God is very comforting to me, almost easy. But then there are other times that trusting in something that I just can't see completely scares me. I know God knows what my boundaries are, and I know God wants me to trust him instead of trusting "common sense".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home