Earthquake 10pm UTC tomorrow!
couple of decades. That link is a wikipedia article about it. And according to the article we need to remember that there will be a worldwide earthquake at 10:00 pm UTC tomorrow. ... Ok, now who would have written that as 10pm UTC? Shouldn't that have been 2200 HRS UTC?I'm sure many people like myself have looked this up. But I'm also sure that many people don't care and there is a legendary epidemic of eye-rolling measured in epic proportions happening right now.
Don't get me wrong here; I don't believe this guy. But I also don't believe that tomorrow is any different than any other day. Tomorrow is just as likely to be "the day" as today could have been the day; or the day after tomorrow could be "the day".
How could a otherwise seemingly intelligent person believe in this sort of thing? Ok well, I'm not sure if everyone would agree with that statement or not. I've, even recently, been told that my logic skills are really really off :-)
But to answer the base question, yes, yes I do believe that the world could end at any time and I'm not sure how it would happen. I'm not even remotely sure as to when it will happen. And yes I do believe that Jesus is not just a legend but a reality, a person, that will return.
I really hope (if this doesn't happen tomorrow) that other people use this as a life wakeup call and start planning on some much better investments. The best thing each of us can do is give up what we want and pursue what God wants. There is no better long term investment out there. Everything else is short-sited.
And of course my song for every hurricane, flood, or prediction for a second coming is:
~ R.E.M. - Its The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) ~

Labels: Culture and Contrast, Day2Day Life, Faith, God Speaks, My Family, My Story, Philippines, Self-Esteem, Spiritual Milk


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home